Iran Safir passenger locomotive project includes engineering, manufacturing and procurement of the 150 diesel–electric locomotives based on transfer of technology (TOT) from SIEMENS Company. Mapna Locomotive Company (MLC) has successfully accomplished the project and passed mass production level of these type of locomotives by establishing a robust supply chain of recognized international vendors. MLC managed to localize several advanced technologies such as welding, machining, precise measuring, painting, load test and etc., in this project.
According to initial localization plan, MLC was supposed to localize more than 40% of manufacturing processes, due to perfect cooperation of the affiliated Companies of Mapna Group and utilizing the domestic facilities, this portion increased to more than 50%.
Significant characteristics of Iran Safir Locomotive
- Equipped with EP brake system (electro-pneumatic brake)
- Equipped with HEP system for supply of electric’s requirement of train
- Equipped to advanced bogies system with capability of 160 km/h maximum speed
- Equipped with advanced diesel engine, utilizing common rail fuel system
- Equipped with advanced AC-AC control system and also efficient adhesion (traction) control system
- Equipped with speed setting system