MAPNA 3300 HP Freight Locomotive (MAP24) has been designed and executed with the objective of producing a kind of freight locomotive at MLC in order to meet the railway transportation requirements. It was designed and manufactured to be fully compatible with the worst environmental conditions, especially for IRAN’s climate.
MAP24 was equipped with a turbocharged 16-cylinders diesel engine, 3300 HP nominal power, therefore it is considered a diesel-electric locomotive. The driver’s desk was designed and manufactured based on best ergonomic conditions in order to provide much more facilities and comfortability for locomotive’s driver.
Using the thermal and acoustic insulations in the cabin’s roof as well as the installation of air conditioning systems (HVAC) with adjusting temperature are one of the special feature of the MAP24. Due to using advanced and up-to-date equipment in control system of this locomotive, the troubleshooting process, service and maintenance were improved significantly, in addition the reliability increased too. Brake system enhancement by utilizing BFC cylinder and park brake has led to better safety, compared to similar locomotive. Design and manufacturing the fabricated 3-axle bogie instead of casting bogie, it provides to use a modified and proven brake system.
MAP24 locomotive is capable to be operated with one to three units (MU), in order to increase tractive effort.
Remarkable achievements of MAP24
- Design and manufacturing of the control system, cabin and bogie
- Manufacturing of the sub systems with cooperation of domestic contractors
- Manufacturing the superstructure of locomotives
- Utilizing the modern electro pneumatic braking system
- Design and manufacturing of a new type driver’s cabin according to UIC651
- Assembly processes for all mechanical and electrical systems of locomotive
- Performing all tests including final inspection, static test, weighting and environmental tests
- Possibility of the coupling three locomotives (MU) with each other in operation
- Equipped with HEP system for supply of electric’s requirement of train