The MAP24 Freight Locomotive Project aims to design, build and manufacture freight locomotives that can meet a significant part of the needs of the Iranian Railway fleet at MAPNA Locomotive Company (MLC) and implement its plans. This locomotive is designed in a way that is fully adapted to the weather conditions of Iran and can be used in all railway lines and areas of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
MLC has in recent years set the production of 25 MAP24 freight locomotives in line with its mission, based on the respected Board of Directors of MAPNA Group.
The overall goals of this project include:
- Increase the company's product portfolio
- Obtain knowledge of bogus fabrication design and design
- Design and construction of locomotive control system
- Design and construction of HVAC system
- Increased optimization in body design
- Increasing the ability to supply equipment and parts in the commercial sector
- Receiving industrial property for bogey fabrication